Heaven is a prepared place only for a prepared people.
Are You Truly a Christian?
The most important question to you right now is your relationship with God.
"Pick up your cross daily…"
Years ago, God revealed that I was blind, lost in sin, and separated from Christ. I needed to be saved from sin and reconciled to God, as revealed in His divine Word. Through much anguish of heart, yet joy in the truth, I discovered how much I needed God's salvation in Christ Jesus, though I assumed I was on my way to heaven from my youth. Because God graciously revealed to me, through His Word, how to be saved, I feel impelled to share this with others.
May God use these words to bring you the same joy of learning of your own need of the Savior and the blessing of knowing how you also may be saved from sin and enter God's glorious and eternal Kingdom!
Vast numbers of religious people have been deceived. This is why the Bible constantly warns, "Do not be deceived" (1 Cor. 6:9; 15:33; Gal. 6:7; James 1:16; 1 John 3:2). This includes most religious, moral, devoted, respectable, likable "church" members. Can we understand now why God's word shows Satan as the arch-deceiver who "deceives the whole world" (Rev. 12:9)? Can we see more clearly why John could write: "The whole world lies in the power of the evil one [Satan]" (1 John 5:19b)? The great majority of people in the religious world have been thoroughly misled and utterly deceived in the most crucial of all areas: how one becomes a Christian and how he is saved from sin! Think of the implications of this fact!
Ask yourself the following questions. With sincerity and honesty, seek to answer them in light of eternity:
- Have I truly believed in God the Creator and in His Son, Jesus Christ, the crucified and risen Savior and Lord?
- Have I trusted in God to save me through the death of the Lord Jesus, and am I relying only upon His grace offered in Christ?
- Have I abandoned all reliance upon myself and my works to save me, yet committed myself to good deeds as the demonstration of my faith in Christ?
- Did I come to Jesus and recognize Him as both Savior (the one who saves) and Lord (the one I must obey)?
- Have I been willing to submit myself to Jesus as Lord and commit myself in absolute obedience to Him?
- Have I genuinely repented of my sins, renounced my own will, and turned to God with the purpose of living in righteousness?
- Have I actually come to a point in my life when I was saved, forgiven, justified, born anew, and given the gift of the Holy Spirit?
- Have I experienced a truly Scriptural baptism: one in which I died to sin, was buried and was raised to live a new life; one in which I expressed my faith in the crucified, buried and risen Lord; one in which I entered Christ Jesus and received forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit?
- Did I begin to live a sincere life of radical commitment to Christ Jesus, did I begin to walk the narrow way of holiness, and have I lived in singular devotion to Christ?
- In short, have I actually been saved from sin and become a Christian as revealed in the Word of God? "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves!" (2 Cor. 13:5a).
What Must I Do To Be Saved?
What must you do to be able to honestly answer each of the ten questions above in the affirmative? Is Christ the center and Lord of your life? Have you repented? Do you love Jesus Christ, or are you still accursed? This is personal; it's critically important, and the time is extremely short. This is no longer a matter of knowledge, but rather a matter of will. YOUR will. Your eternal destiny lies in the balance. What are you going to do about it?
If you would like further clarification on any point I have made or if you would desire to study more fully on this subject as a whole, please contact me as soon as possible. Much longer studies on most of the points I have made are available for your own research. Your salvation is too important and urgent for you to delay seeking answers in your spiritual quest.
Home Homework Trip to Truth
The law (17 USC 107) explicitly provides for the 'fair use' of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.
These uses are deemed not to be infringements of the rights of copyright owners.
This site may contain copyrighted material or links to copyrighted material, the use of which may not be explicitly authorized by the copyright owner.
We assume implicit authorization by virtue of the availability of such material on the internet, and make this material available in an effort to advance understanding of biblical, cultural, political, and other issues.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in the US Copyright Law.
The material on this site is made publicly available to those who express interest in the material by visiting this site.
All information is provided without cost and is intended for research, educational or entertainment purposes.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.